Friday, June 23, 2017

Week in Review 27/2017

What did I see?
In the light of recent decisions of a certain Northern American political figure, I can only agree that Fabrice Monteiro's "Gods of Garbage" are already living with us. Her creations are photgraphed in the most polluted areas of Africa and are disturbingly disgusting. Take a look:


What did I listen to?
Nothing specific, just general radio

What did I ask myself?
What does this mean? How should I react?

What did I read?
I'm done with Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger and have finished Curtsies & Conspiracies. Next up is Waistcoats & Weaponry, which so far has been proven to be very interesting. Fans as weapons, conspiracies against the queen, vampires and telecommnication... Seriously, this book has it all!

What did I work on?
Nothing. It is just too warm in my flat! (32°C in the evening...)

I was happy about...
Being in a hotel with air condition right now. I'm on a conference for work.

I was annoyed about...
Working on the weekend. Yay?!

I bought...
Nothing besides food.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Essen kaufen finde ich ziemlich gut. :D
Mein Hotelzimmer hat immerhin einen Ventilator, den hab ich ziemlich häufig benutzt in der vergangenen Woche...

Und die Fotos sind ja wirklich mal... bäh. Ich bin ziemlich begeistert.

Liebe Grüße,
Sabrina

Laura M said...

Fantastic photography and such an appropriate message!

Nina said...

Die Photografien sind ja der Wahnsinn, gleichzeitig so schön und so traurig... regt zum Nachdenken an...

MindLess said...

@ Sabrina: Man tut was man kann! Essen muss sein und immerhin kaufe ich dann leckeres Zeug...

@ Laura M: It's so sad what happens in Afrika and how little we recognise our fault in the this people's lives!

@ Nina: Ja, ich finde es erschreckend, wie wenig wir hier in Europa von den Umweltsünden unserer Firmen in Afrika erfahren!